The plan is to set up a logistics hub in Shanghai Free Trade Zone to enable the distribution of products from the factory in China to Asia Pacific markets, including China market. To do this, a Request For Quotation (RFQ) exercise was conducted and a 3rd Party Logistics (3PL) provider was selected to partner LEGO to plan and implement the Asia Pacific Logistics Hub.
In addition to partnering the 3PL, the hub implementation project involves working across multiple functions within LEGO, transport carriers and with the relevant China authorities to ensure a successful launch.
The project scope and deliverables include:
– Establish supply chain workflow from origins: European logistics hub and China factory
– Establish supply chain planning processes within LEGO, with hub 3PL and transport carriers
– Implement system interface within LEGO and with hub 3PL
– Implement hub operational workflow within LEGO, with hub 3PL and transport carriers
– Establish hub working SOP
– Align with Trade and Compliance within LEGO
– Engage China authorities
– Implement distribution network changes with Asia Pacific markets
– Establish contingency plans for launch
– Logistics Hub Launch and Post Mortem